Our Family
Easter 2010
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I almost wet myself!
So as it is, I'm running late for work this morning. I'm no more than 5 minutes into my drive when I hit a deer! Ok, I should probably rephrase and say that it was more like I skimmed a deer, but even so I nearly wet myself! I'm driving along when I see a deer coming across the grassy median toward my lane. Fortunately I had enough time to hit the brakes and swerve into the next lane. The deer sort of bounced off of the front passenger "corner" of the car and kept right on running. I pulled over and got out to check for damage expecting to see a huge dent and possibly a cracked headlight. Much to my surprise, there was virtually no damage other than a few streaks of dirt that wiped off easily enough. I, on the other hand, was shaking and my heart was beating so fast. So, I called Darren and sat in my car for a few minutes to calm down before proceding to work. What a way to start the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank goodness for those lightning quick reflexes huh!?!? Glad no one was injured.
I've never hit a deer myself but came close this past winter. Things started going in slow motion as I was breaking and cussing the darn thing.
Post a Comment