Our Family

Our Family
Easter 2010

Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping in the Woods...sort of

Last week Wednesday and Thursday, my mom, Jamie, & I took Allison, Peyton, and Gavin camping. It was a fun, but exhausting experience! We stayed at my Uncle Bob's place in Plymouth. He has a camper that sleeps 6 (?) near a small lake. He came out for the day and took us out on his fishing boat. Allison got to help reel in several fish, which she LOVED. She refused to touch the fish though...and I don't blame her! We had a campfire, sang campfire songs, roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, cooked apple pudgie pies, and had to walk to the community toilets. Talk about roughing it! ;) The kids had fun at night playing with the flashlights and looking at the stars.

Peyton doesn't realize she doesn't need the flashlight during the day

Gavin is such a handsome little guy!

All tuckered out after a long day.

4 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

How fun! I would've loved to have been around that campfire to sing the songs and of course eat all of that yummy food! I don't blame Allison for not wanting to touch the fish. I could always bait a hook but could never get the fish off of it!

Did you guys have A.C. or were you out there in the heat??

APMom said...

We did have some A.C. in the camper, but it was still stuffy with 6 of us in that small space! There was plenty of shade around the camper though for during the day.

Michelle said...

I LOVED camping when I was a kid - okay, I still do. What fun memories for them!

Jen said...

So fun!! Great pics too Kel. AC is not exactly roughing it though. :-) just kidding....such great memories for the kids.