Our Family

Our Family
Easter 2010

Thursday, November 20, 2008

What does a lambie say?

I should begin this story by telling you that Peyton's best friend is her stuffed yellow lamb that she received as a present when she was born. (Not sure from whom though...don't remember.) She takes the lamb everywhere, holding it by its ear. When she sucks her thumb, she has to hold lambie's ear in the same hand of the thumb she is sucking (her left...always her left). It is nearly impossible for her to go to bed without her lamb. The background on this story will all make sense in a minute...

So this morning as I was getting Peyton dressed, I was asking her what sounds different animals make. Here's our conversation:

Me: Peyton, what does a kitty cat say?
Peyton: Meow (it's so cute when she does this!!!)
Me: Good job! What does a puppy dog say?
Peyton: Ruf Ruf
Me: That's right! What does a lion say?
Peyton: Roar
Me: You are so smart! What does lambie say?
Peyton: Nigh Nigh (meaning night, night or bedtime)

It was so cute! She has never answered me before when I ask what a lamb says. I then tried to get her to do it again for Allison and Darren, but of course, she pretended like she had no idea. :)

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Oh, that is absolutely precious!! Thanks for sharing! And of course no child is going to perform on cue, right? I am always saying, "Okay, I swear this is what he/she said!" :)

Jen said...

Such a cute story!!! I love that she sleeps with a lambie. I'm a big fan of lambies. Carter and Leah both have a few that they sleep with too. Although, Leah pretty much sleeps with the whole farm!!