Last night we visited Aboite Elementary's Kindergarten Open House. Allison was excited to meet her friends and take her supplies to school. We had a self-guided tour of the classroom, found where to put her bookbag and supplies, she had to find her seat and write her name on a strip of paper. I think she was most excited about getting to ride the school bus and that she has a Hannah Montana bookbag.

This morning when we dropped Allison off at the YMCA before school, I got a little nervous. Allison was fine, waved and said "Bye Mommy" almost as soon as we walked in. Little miss Peyton however, kept saying, "Ally go to Lesa's". When I told her that Allison was going to Kindergarten, she responded with, "I go to Kindergarten". Eventually she accepted that Allison was going to school and she was going to daycare, but she was so sad. Fortunately, she had a very good day and only asked "Where Ally?" one time. 
Allison enjoyed school today and was sad when I picked her up from after school care at the YMCA. She told me that she made 5 new friends today and she used her manners at school. :)It also probably didn't hurt that they had pizza for lunch and that is her current favorite thing to eat. Let's hope tomorrow goes just as well...
1 comment:
Oh my word, Kelly--they are both looking so big! You'll have to tell Ally that I LOVE her Hannah Montana backpack and just MIGHT have to get one for myself. :) (Okay, don't tell her that I'm 31--that might freak her out.) Ha! I'm glad she had such a great day at school and that Peyton did okay without her big sister. They're so cute!!!
Post a Comment