Connor, Ally, Gracie, Liam
I did the shopping for the group ahead of time so we wouldn't have to drag 6 kids through the grocery store after a 3 hour car ride. We had PLENTY of grub!
Michael & Jeremy get the grill going...eventually...with a big torch.
Behind the cottage was a pond stocked with fish. The kids had a blast fishing and did quite a nice job. I think Ally caught 11 fish over a two day span. She was very proud! Gracie and Peyton didn't do much fishing, but were interested in checking out what kind of goodies Jeremy had in his tackle box.
JG showed Ally how to properly bait her hook while Daddy watched. She's a pro now.
On the 4th, we headed to Lake Lemon which was only about 10 minutes away for some fun in the sun and splashing in the water. Gracie was all smiles!
Even with her broken arm, Ally was able to enjoy the water with caution and a little assistance from Daddy. We are looking forward to this coming Friday when she gets her waterproof cast! :)
Evelyn had a blast digging in the sand and burying her feet.
We missed the fireworks in Nashville as they were on the 3rd, but we had a little bit of firework fun of our own thanks to Jeremy for being the brave soul willing to light them. The kids were so cute and lined up in order of age and height (I don't really think they planned this, but it worked out).
Liam-8, Connor-7, Ally-6, Gracie-4, Peyton-3
And from the rear, this time all 6 made it in the picture.
Evelyn-2, Peyton-3, Gracie-4, Ally-6, Connor-7, Liam-8
Peyton's 1st sparkler on her own. She was still a bit timid.
Gracie shows Michael, Peyton and Tamara her special glasses that "make the fireworks pop in your face". :)
Ally with her sparkler.
Me & Darren--This was actually taken at Yogi's in Bloomington. We made a slight detour on our way to Brown County to visit our old stomping grounds. The B-town fun didn't stop there though.
We brought along our authentic Nick's Sink the Biz bucket for some late night fun for the adults. Michael and Tamara were introduced to this game on a recent trip to Bloomington after I highly recommended a stop at Nick's. Jennifer and Jeremy were first timers, but took to it with ease. Although I haven't played since my college days, I am happy to report that I've still got the touch! Darren held his own too.
I don't have pictures of everything else, but we did play some cornhole, soaked some in the hot tub, made s'mores, went into town for ice cream and I enjoyed early morning coffee and conversation in the quiet outdoors before the kids woke up. All in all it was a fun-filled getaway with friends making many new memories. Peyton summed it up well when we were unloading the car this afternoon at home. She looked at me and said, "I just loved Brown County, Mommy".



3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I have to admit, this makes me a bit neidisch - I hope Blaise loves Brown County one day as much as we do! (have to start him early on the Hoosier Hysteria ;) )
Wow, awesome post Kel! Looks like you guys had a great time. That was one fun action packed weekend. I'd love to go back to Nicks. We need to do a reunion there sometime. The kids love to fish now too. Carter already tells fishing stories like an old man....the fish gets bigger every time he tells the story. What happen to Ally's arm? I'm just now catching up on your blog. Sorry if I missed it in a previous post!
Oh, wow! What a fun way to spend the Fourth! It looks like you have a great group of friends. I might have to steal your idea for next summer sometime. :) It is so nice to return to our old stompin' grounds every once in awhile, isn't it?
Post a Comment