Our Family

Our Family
Easter 2010

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Smart Scientist

Tonight I was helping Allison with her science homework.  They have been studying liquids and their various characteristics.  When I took a look at the paper she brought home to work on, I thought it looked simple enough--draw a picture of the bottle your liquid is in, write the name of the liquid and circle the characteristics.  THEN I read the list of characteristics and thought...uh, where's the dictionary?  However, my smart little first grader didn't miss a beat and told me what all of the words meant including viscosity, transparent and opaque.  She is like a sponge the way she absorbs information and she LOVES science!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's amazing! Way to go Allison, future IU grad of course. Her haircut is so cute too!

IUgirl78 said...

No kidding! I'm very impressed! I don't think my 2nd graders would know any of those words. Way to go, Allison!