Our Family

Our Family
Easter 2010

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I LOVE my kids!!

I'm feeling like a bad blogger lately. I do check in on my fellow-bloggers and read their posts on a fairly regular basis, but I've been bad about updating mine. I always tell myself, "I'll get to it this weekend when I have more time." Do you know what? The weekend comes and goes much faster than I ever wanted it to! So here we are a month and a half after my last post...
I've certainly got lots to report on after all that time, but here are the highlights:
Allison is going to be 5 in about 5 weeks. She will start Kindergarten in the fall and I'm starting to feel some internal conflict with that. How in the world could she possibly be turning 5 already?! She was telling me tonight about how she baked a cake at the babysitter's house and she got to crack an egg all by herself (something I have not yet let her try at home when we're baking). When I commented to her about how proud I am of her and how big she's getting, she said to me sweetly, "You think I should just stay little and not get big." Obviously I've said this to her a billion times! It's not that I don't want her to get bigger, it's just that I want her to stay little for a while longer. Ok, Fellow-Moms-of-little-ones-about-to-be-bigger-ones, does this seem like such an unreasonable request???
Allison has also been progressing quite well through swim lessons this past fall and winter. She spent one final session in Pike, moved up to Eel for one 7-week session, and has been moved up once more to Ray. This is very exciting when you're not quite 5 and you might get to be with the 6-8 year olds! I love you and am so proud of you, Ally!
And then there's little Miss Peyton Mary...this kid is a handful! She'll be getting into something or squaking at the top of her lungs and then flash you the sweetest, most innocent smile. One of her favorite things to do right now is put things in the kitchen cabinets. By things, I of course am referring to items which would not normally be found in kitchen cabinets such as shoes, her toys, the TV remote, sippy cups full of milk or juice, her hat and gloves, etc. She is talking A LOT and has tons of recognizable words now. She enjoys talking on the phone, usually though it's when no one is really on the other end to talk back to her. She's very good at having a pretend conversation though! Peyton also seems to have an obsession with Dora, or as she says "doh wa", and Elmo. Peyt also loves her "no man" sweater which now seems to be a bit more 3/4 length sleeve that long-sleeve, but it's been through a lot. At one point in time, the sweater belonged to her big cousin McKenna who will be turning 11 this summer.
Peyton's most recent trick is climbing out of her crib at naptime on the weekends. I am not ready to move her to a big girl bed yet, for fear that she will NEVER stay in it and naptime as we know it will be gone for good. Oh the trials of the mommy of a not-quite-2-year-old! Love you, Peyt! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Loved the update, Kel! Your girls get cuter with every post. I know what you're saying about not wanting them to get big and it's funny I have trouble packing clothes away, especially the faded items they've worn a thousand times. Leah has her favorites. I keep a box in each closet that I toss things into when they're just way too small. Occasionally, Leah walks out wearing an old shirt that she dug out of the box and I just let her wear it for old time's sake. I love Peyton's sweater/crop top! :-)

And it sounds like Allison is a super swimmer! How does it feel to be attending sporting events already? We're not quite there yet, but I know it's inevitable. No wonder you don't have time for blogging!!

Unknown said...

Very cute! It's great to be back blogging. I've taken time off too.

Kel, your girls are adorable. That little Ally is getting so big. How can you have a kid that big?

IUgirl78 said...

Yay! The blog is updated!! I am in the same boat as Reese will be 5 in two weeks. It just doesn't seem possible! I don't mind her getting bigger b/c I think she needs to go on in school and be challenged...I just think I'm going to have a hard time admitting I have a 5-yr-old! :)

I love it that Peyton loves hiding things around the house. I'm sure YOU don't love it--esp. when you need to find something, but it's pretty cute!

Michelle said...

So I know that my baby is no where near 5 years old, although I am sure it will happen MUCH sooner than I am ready for it. BUT, I already relate to the "I want you to be healthy and grow up to be strong, but maybe not too fast" feeling! :) Blaise came home not fitting into clothes and he's outgrown some of our favorite jammies already. Is that really possible? I remember when you said how sad it was for you when Ally didn't fit into her coming home outfit anymore. I feel ya - 5 years later. I try to soak in every second, but I know I am missing things. It is so nice to be able to share in everyone's sort-of everyday life through blogging though. Your girls are Beautiful!